Thursday, May 7, 2009

5 mins before train wreck

"The boy ran up and down the railway track, having the time of his life. 'I will do this until I am grown up, strong and healthy, before I find other amusements", thought the little boy. In a distance, the train tearing on at full steam towards the unknowing boy."

This is a rather clumsy analogy to my circumstance but have I in some way, rather accurately prophetized my future fate? Am I the stupid boy that continues to play on the tracks despite the oncoming train? Will I be too late to jump out of the way when the train is upon me, headlights flashing and horns blaring in my face?

The proverbial killing train will be carrying the incorrigible old man, sheer weight of opportunity costs and the paralysing fear of change. I can see it, smell it and calculate the probability. Should I make a move now?

I think I can hear the train's roar in the distance .................

1 comment:

  1. the train might not come... the runway is deceivingly flat and smooth.

    ReplyDelete